Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veloce HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What book would you like to see us publish?

Go down 
+10
josmar
Klassiekerrally
DB7
jose1
speedseeker
joesnewsstand@yahoo.com
edeanbutler
Rei99
figurino
Admin
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

What book would you like to see us publish? Empty
PostSubject: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 am

Have you always wanted to see us publish an automotive book on a particular subject? Tell us about it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.veloce.co.uk
figurino

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Have you always wanted to see us publish an automotive book on a particular subject? Tell us about it!

Long overdue are updated versions of Nick Georgano´s famous encylopaediae, like The Complete Encyclopedia of Commercial Vehicles and his Motor Sport Encyclopedia;also Cutter/Fendell´s Encyclopedia of Auto Racing Greats. Each must be printed now in two tomes, like Georgano´s main work - The Beualieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile. I´m using all the mentioned every week for my work and missing newer info very much.

From the publisher´s viewpoint very demanding projects, of course, but these days one can count on translations to Russian and Chinese as well. Printing each work in, say, six or more languages at the same time makes maybe some financial sense.

Having followed the book market for about 40 years I´ve not met a definitive book on small capacity record cars (Intl. Class Record holders, their human, technical, sporting aspects, complete tabulae etc).
There are enough books on LSR exploits, but the small ones, from Lurani and Taruffi to Lorent and Nikitin at helm, have been overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Rei99

Rei99

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am

A book on the Lotus production, expecially Seven and Esprit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
edeanbutler

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Someone should do a book on Mercer -- one of the most important early American marques, yet no one has ever done a Mercer history book.
Back to top Go down
joesnewsstand@yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:03 pm

I'll second the call for an updated Georgano Commercial Vehicles... the Mercer book sounds good as well. I would like to see Marque histories for marques that haven't been done often in English... a good history of Delahaye for starters and perhaps Peugeot. Some of the lesser German marques would be of interest as well. Amongst American cars, there's never really been a history of Nash, or Willys either for that matter. Hudson, too, cries out for a serious business history.
Back to top Go down
speedseeker

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:26 am

Never had my word thirst quenched for the early pioneer racing cars. Stuff like the big Fiats , Italas , etc.

Also , never seen anything on Darracq or Ballot and would like to ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: VW split screen restoration manual book idea   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:28 am

Recent feedback from customer who bought How to restore Volkswagen Bus – Enthusiast's Restoration Manual by Mark Paxton.
http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=v4093&prod_group=Repair%20&%20Restoration&

(Q)
Hi There
Great VW Bay window resto book, do you have plans to do a VW split screen version?

(A)
Its doubtful that there are enough potential Splittie restorations to make a restoration manual viable, but if we're offered one it would certainly be given very serious consideration.
Back to top Go down
jose1

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:44 am

Admin wrote:

Books I would love to see,

A New "Updated Corvette Book" with Racing Section?

Market For it***Corvette Racing Book ,Hardcover Under $40. which Covers all Racers Up until now, Including the Bad Boy Jake Corvette C6.R 'S AND THE ARCTIC WHITE C6 R OF SEBRING AND MOSPORT. There is no Corvette RACING book In this Price Bracket right now. Guldstand's Book is from 2002, and expensive and just a Pictorial,

A 1960's Corvette VS COBRA book? Since there they battled so much. z06, Grand Sport and Cobras(before Ferrari came

A book On Bill Thomas (bill thomas Chevrolet) And His Famous Chevy Powered Cheetah!
**no Such book Exists Out there**

Would Love to see***A book On Chevrolet Heavy Duty trucks 1970-1980 Chevrolet Titan 90 Cabover,1976-1980 Chevy Bison And Bruin, and 90SeriesIn Color Pictures and B&W.(there is a market for this considering Don Bunn's Iconographix Dodge Heavy duty trucks,covering the Bighorn and Dodge Semi's Which are More Rare than Chevy's)
Or a Catchy "Chevy's Heavies".Chevy had Put out a Magazine called Payload In the 1970's I have several.,which termed the use.

Despite a down economy all these ideas are very good and Can boost your market even Higher, as you know self-publishing and Smaller Publishers are getting bigger shares of the Market. and Having these Types Of Subjects before the others seem to me like Potential Profits and shows the Publisher is not Afraid to Go for Rare Ideas Like the Chevy Heavy trucks.

Thank You

Jose Miami, FLORIDA USA
Back to top Go down
Rei99

Rei99

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 am

hi everyone!
A question: a book only on the Skyline / GTR, a story of this car, is not avaible right? I bouught the Datsun book but it's expecially on the Z cars.
Mr. Long could wrote this!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: re: Skyline GT-R book   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Rei99,

Thanks for the query.

We actually have two GT-R books soon to be published over the coming months.

Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born to race
By Dennis Gorodji
(Published December 2009)
http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4221&prod_group=Cars%20Vans%20&%20Trucks&

& also:

The Nissan GT-R High-performance Manual – An international guide to High-performance components
By Alex Gorodji
(Published March 2010)
http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4224&prod_group=Performance%20Tuning%20&%20Modification&

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Rei99

Rei99

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 am

Very good! Very Happy I wait for the first expecially! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DB7

PostSubject: Triumph Spitfire & GT6   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 am

I would love to see the definitive history and guide of the Triumph Spitfire and GT6. Starting from the first ideas for the introduction of the model, major and minor characters involved in development, the Italian side of the story, major racing achievements, a full production breakdown, running changes and explanation along with photos.
Back to top Go down
Klassiekerrally

PostSubject: ADO   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:19 pm

A book on the 'Austin Design Office' with all the prototypes and cars they produced would be nice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.klassiekerrally.nl
josmar

PostSubject: British Motorcycles   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 am

It would be nice to have some new Titles on Vincent / Panther / Ariel, or any of the smaller British motorcycle manufacturers. We seem to have innumerable books available on BSA, Triumph and Norton, but the smaller makes are poorly catered for in the publishing world.

Only a handful of the smaller publishers produced books on these subjects, and sadly they have since gone. You really have a large untapped market out there just waiting for something new.

You are to be commended for you new editions of Italian motorcycles ie. Moto Guzzi, Laverda, Ducati, and of course Vellocette. Your book 'Velocette MSS to Thruxton' was the very title that introduced me to Veloce publishing, and I see that you have updated it yet again, many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: re: Titles on Vincent/Panther/Ariel   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 am

josmar wrote:
It would be nice to have some new Titles on Vincent / Panther / Ariel, or any of the smaller British motorcycle manufacturers. We seem to have innumerable books available on BSA, Triumph and Norton, but the smaller makes are poorly catered for in the publishing world.

Only a handful of the smaller publishers produced books on these subjects, and sadly they have since gone. You really have a large untapped market out there just waiting for something new.

You are to be commended for you new editions of Italian motorcycles ie. Moto Guzzi, Laverda, Ducati, and of course Vellocette. Your book 'Velocette MSS to Thruxton' was the very title that introduced me to Veloce publishing, and I see that you have updated it yet again, many thanks.

Hi Josmar,

Would be happy to do TWtD books on lost motorcycle marques such as HRD/Vincent, Panther, Aerial, Matchless/AJS, original Indian, etc, the problem is finding authors and affordable picture sources so all suggestions on resolving the problems would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:58 am

Klassiekerrally wrote:
A book on the 'Austin Design Office' with all the prototypes and cars they produced would be nice...

Hi Klassiekerrally,

Austin design office: an interesting idea, but one which might not be viable because so much material is with BMIHT and their photo fees are prohibitive. Suggestions on other picture sources/authors welcomed.
Back to top Go down
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:38 am

Prohibitive photo fees and copyright claims for photographic collections picked up at auction is becoming a serious problem in the writing world. Even some of the manufacturers have lost the plot and are starting to charge for photos.

Back to top Go down
tycho

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:47 am

Is there any chance of a book about the Alfa Romeo DTM (and ITC) cars ?
I find those cars very interesting, but sadly little has been published about them.

But a book about all the cars of DTM from 1993 to 1996 (when ITC ended) with specific attention to the technical innovations of these would also be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 am

tycho wrote:
I find those cars very interesting, but sadly little has been published about them.

But a book about all the cars of DTM from 1993 to 1996 (when ITC ended) with specific attention to the technical innovations of these would also be welcome.

Hi tycho! Thanks for the comment.

We have just such a book coming in May/June 2012 - Alfa Romeo 155/156/147 Competition Touring Cars - it's already on our website.

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4342&prod_group=Motorsport&
Back to top Go down
tycho

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Admin wrote:
tycho wrote:

Hi tycho! Thanks for the comment.

We have just such a book coming in May/June 2012 - Alfa Romeo 155/156/147 Competition Touring Cars - it's already on our website.

I dident know the new book also covers the 155 DTM! Now I ahve even more to look forward to, thank you many times for the reply!
Back to top Go down
GOG54

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Admin wrote:

It would be quite interesting a monography dealing with story and production of two striking "little" Italian coachbuilders, both active in Turin until the first 70s-first80s of the last century, namely Frua and Ghia. They designed unforgettable cars for a variety of important international automobile manufacturers.

What book would you like to see us publish? Frua14

What book would you like to see us publish? Ghia12
Back to top Go down
Piercarlo

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:09 am

To read the biography of the first F1 World Champion, Giuseppe Farina would be nice. Other ideas: Michele Alboreto, Rene Arnoux, Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Patrick Depailler, Riccardo Patrese, Carlos Reutemann, John Watson, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book would you like to see us publish?   What book would you like to see us publish? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book would you like to see us publish?
Page 1 of 1