Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veloce HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reprint / 2nd Ed Query

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
py105

Reprint / 2nd Ed Query Empty
PostSubject: Reprint / 2nd Ed Query   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 am

Hi there,

First of all, wonderful idea to have a forum. Good to see one of my favourite publishers opening up to it's customers so much.

My request is for a reprint or 2nd Edition of John Tipler's Alfa Romeo Berlinas. Preferably a reprint, because the original is beginning to look a little dated and a new edition would be able to include the 159 and updated 166 circa '03.

This book is quite scarce on the second-hand market, and the only available copies sell for ridiculous money (GBP 120+++++ Shocked) for a book that cost GBP30 new. The Giulia Coupe book by John was given a 2nd edition by Veloce, and is an excellent publication - I very much enjoy John's writing style and the book's size, layout and quality are all fantastic. It would be wonderful if we could see a 2nd ed of the Berlinas book too.

I'd buy 2 at GBP35. Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reprint / 2nd Ed Query   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:22 am

The possibility of a reprint can be considered, but the problem with this book is that we call them saloons, Americans call them sedans and the Italian word 'Berlinas' is not something most English-speakers would type into a search engine - so how would we title the book? The forumisti are welcome to offer solutions ...
Back to top Go down
https://www.veloce.co.uk
josmar

PostSubject: Porsche 944   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 am

Dear Publisher,

Do you have any plans to issue a reprint of Brian Long's title: PORSCHE 944?

I've been checking your website for a long time, and it is always shown as out of stock.

There are no decent books on the market for this model, and although a couple of second hand editions have come up on e-bay, I am understandably unwilling to pay four/five times the price unless I know you have absolutely no plans to do so.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reprint / 2nd Ed Query   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 am

josmar wrote:
Dear Publisher,

Do you have any plans to issue a reprint of Brian Long's title: PORSCHE 944?

I've been checking your website for a long time, and it is always shown as out of stock.

There are no decent books on the market for this model, and although a couple of second hand editions have come up on e-bay, I am understandably unwilling to pay four/five times the price unless I know you have absolutely no plans to do so.

Hi Josmar,

Ironically, this was not a popular book when it was in print. We have no plans in the foreseeable future to re-publish, but we do keep a constant eye on demand for out of print books. If the writer can find sufficient others who want to buy, we would take it seriously.
Back to top Go down
jimbob2

PostSubject: Autodrome   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi,

Is there any chance of you reprinting this please ?

Thanks

Jon
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reprint / 2nd Ed Query   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:27 am

Hi Jon and welcome to the Veloce forum. Smile

Are you referring to Brian Long's Porsche 944 book?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jimbob2

PostSubject: Autodrome   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi,

Thank you.

No I was wondering if Autodrome could be reprinted.

There is a version on amazon at the moment but it is over £1000 !!

Thanks

Jon
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Autodrome   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 am

Hi Jon,
We do have plans for a second reprint of Autodrome, but the current situation is that we are planning to publish Autodrome 2 before Autodrome 1 gets reprinted again.
http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4240&prod_group=Motorsport&

Regards,
Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reprint / 2nd Ed Query   Reprint / 2nd Ed Query I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reprint / 2nd Ed Query
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General discussion-
Jump to: