Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veloce HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do readers really want?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyro

What do readers really want? Empty
PostSubject: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 am

What are readers really looking for when they purchase a buyer's guide?

How much faith does the reader place upon the author when using one of these guides to actually purchase a car or motorbike?
Back to top Go down
VelocePublisher

PostSubject: Subject: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:39 am

Readers want the experience of a real marque/model expert to guide them to a safe purchase. They want the advice of someone who is familiar with the most common problems associated with the model and someone who knows the real cost of repairs/renovations.
Readers also want to ubderstand the diffrences between various versions of the subject vehicle and relative values.
Lastly readers want to purchase knowledge at a sensible price in relation to the cost of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
VelocePublisher

PostSubject: Subject: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:41 am

Regarding the amount of faith readers put in the book's advice only a reader could say, but I hope it is a lot of faith because our marque experts are carefully chosen.
Back to top Go down
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:53 am

I was not asking the publisher for any answers. I was attempting to generate a discussion amongst the forum readers and users to get their opinions.
I am interested in what the readers want and perceive.
It's the readers that write the reviews.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Klassiekerrally

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Well, I fully agree with VelocePublisher, but would like to add one thing: I'd like to read about sensible, cost-effective modifications to improve the (classic) car for everyday use, or faster driving for example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.klassiekerrally.nl
LeeRain

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 am

Readers also want to ubderstand the diffrences between various versions of the subject vehicle and relative values.

Gyro

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 am

Klassiekerrally wrote:
Well, I fully agree with VelocePublisher, but would like to add one thing: I'd like to read about sensible, cost-effective modifications to improve the (classic) car for everyday use, or faster driving for example.

This kind of information doesn't belong in a buyer's guide except possibly how to identify alleged performance modifications, which may reduce the vehicle's value and/or reliability.
Back to top Go down
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 am

[quote="LeeRain"]Readers also want to ubderstand the diffrences between various versions of the subject vehicle and relative values.

Not enough pages in a Veloce EBG I am afraid.
For most vehicle manufacturers finding out, let alone understanding the differences between a subject vehicle and then trying to place a model's relative value based on such differences is a long and complicated subject. How do you explain 65 different engine software levels or variations in spring values in a simple Buyer's Guide? All one can do is mention things and even then, just a mention can often raise more questions than answers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do readers really want?   What do readers really want? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do readers really want?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Essential Buyer's Guide Series-
Jump to: